VenuesWest is proud to support Western Australian athletes as they train and compete at the highest possible levels.
As part of this committment we are offering a unique opportunity for local athletes to become a VenuesWest ambassador.
Three successful ambassadors will be selected, each receiving $5,000 cash to go towards training and competition expenses as well as support and visibility through the VenuesWest website and social media channels. The ambassador program runs for 12 months, officially beginning 1 March 2017.
- ensure you meet the selection criteria below
- complete the online application form
All submissions will be reviewed with the successful athletes notified as soon as the decision is made.
Applications close 30 April.
Athlete selection criteria
- Home venue is a VenuesWest venue
- Competes in a VenuesWest targeted sport – rugby union, triathlon, rugby league, athletics, AFL, netball, canoeing, volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, diving, basketball, indoor cycling, soccer, cricket, rowing, tennis, water polo
- Active on social media; in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Competing at an elite level internationally or a junior athlete preparing to debut at international competition
- Good community citizen
- Cash funding available for spending at their discretion (must be training/competition related)
- Exposure through VenuesWest social media and website
- Submit a quarterly report on how VenuesWest funds have assisted them during that time
- Speak at 1 x staff function per year
- Attend 1 x Kids Sports Club day per year
- Attend 1 x sports clinic/swim school first day of term
- 1 x co-hosting of corporate suite
- Sign an ambassador agreement stating they will not behave in a manner that could be damaging to the VenuesWest brand
- Provide testimonials on VenuesWest facilities for use in publications, website and social media