About the Program
This program is currently on hold. We will be continuing our support of WA athletes as they refocus on the Tokyo Olympics in 2021. Please check back here again soon.
VenuesWest is proud to support Western Australian athletes as they train and compete at the highest possible levels.
As part of this commitment VenuesWest offers a unique opportunity for local athletes to become a VenuesWest ambassador.
Successful ambassadors each receive $5,000 cash to go towards training and competition expenses as well as support and visibility through the VenuesWest website and social media channels. The ambassador program runs for 12 months, officially beginning 1 July 2019.
Applications for the 2019/20 Ambassador program have now closed, thank you to everyone who has expressed interest.
"The VenuesWest Brand Ambassador program has helped to fund specialised shoes, equipment and technology that I use in my every day training program. It also helped me to attend a High Performance Training Camp in Christchurch earlier this year. The program has increased my confidence in public speaking and social media." Sarah Edmiston, Ambassador 2018/19
- Ensure you meet the selection criteria below
- Complete the online application form
- Applications close 5pm Tuesday 14 May (note that the closing date has been extended from 30 April)
All submissions will be reviewed with the successful athletes notified prior to 30 June 2019.
- Home venue is a VenuesWest venue
- Competes in a VenuesWest targeted sport – rugby union, triathlon, rugby league, athletics, AFL, netball, canoeing, volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, diving, basketball, indoor cycling, soccer, cricket, rowing, tennis, water polo
- Active on social media; in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Competing at an elite level internationally or a junior athlete preparing to debut at international competition
- Good community citizen
- Cash funding available for spending at their discretion (must be training/competition related)
- Exposure through VenuesWest social media and website
- Submit a quarterly report on how VenuesWest funds have assisted during that time
- Speak at 1 x staff function per year
- Attend 1 x Kids Sports Club day per year
- Attend 1 x sports clinic/swim school first day of term
- 1 x co-hosting of corporate suite
- Sign an ambassador agreement stating they will not behave in a manner that could be damaging to the VenuesWest brand
- Provide testimonials on VenuesWest facilities for use in publications, website and social media