VenuesWest is proud to support Western Australian athletes as they train and compete at the highest possible levels.
As part of this committment we are offering a unique opportunity for local athletes to become a VenuesWest ambassador.
Three successful ambassadors will be selected, each receiving $5,000 cash to go towards training and competition expenses as well as support and visibility through the VenuesWest website and social media channels. The ambassador program runs for 12 months.
- ensure you meet the selection criteria below
- complete the online application form
All submissions will be reviewed with the successful athletes notified as soon as the decision is made.
Applications close 30 April.
Athlete selection criteria
- Home venue is a VenuesWest venue
- Competes in a VenuesWest targeted sport – rugby union, triathlon, rugby league, athletics, AFL, netball, canoeing, volleyball, swimming, gymnastics, diving, basketball, indoor cycling, soccer, cricket, rowing, tennis, water polo
- Active on social media; in particular Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Competing at an elite level internationally or a junior athlete preparing to debut at international competition
- Good community citizen
- Cash funding available for spending at their discretion (must be training/competition related)
- Exposure through VenuesWest social media and website
- Submit a quarterly report on how VenuesWest funds have assisted them during that time
- Speak at 1 x staff function per year
- Attend 1 x Kids Sports Club day per year
- Attend 1 x sports clinic/swim school first day of term
- 1 x co-hosting of corporate suite
- Sign an ambassador agreement stating they will not behave in a manner that could be damaging to the VenuesWest brand
- Provide testimonials on VenuesWest facilities for use in publications, website and social media