About the Program
Applications for the 2021 Ambassadors is open.
VenuesWest is proud to support Western Australian athletes as they train and compete at the highest possible levels.
As part of this commitment, VenuesWest offers a unique opportunity for local high performance athletes to become a VenuesWest ambassador.
Successful ambassadors each receive a component of a $40,000 ambassador fund to go towards training and competition expenses as well as support and visibility through the VenuesWest website and social media channels. The ambassador program will run for 18 months, officially beginning 1 November 2021 through to 30 June 2023.
"The VenuesWest Brand Ambassador program has helped to fund specialised shoes, equipment, and technology that I use in my everyday training program. It also helped me to attend a High Performance Training Camp in Christchurch earlier this year. The program has increased my confidence in public speaking and social media." Sarah Edmiston, Ambassador 2018/19.
- Ensure you meet the selection criteria below
- Complete the online application form
- Applications close 5pm AWST Friday 15 October 2021
All submissions will be reviewed, with the successful athletes notified prior to 30 October 2021.
- You are an amateur athlete
- Your 'home' venue is a VenuesWest venue
- You are active on social media; in particular Instagram
- You compete at an elite level or you are a junior athlete preparing to debut at international competition
- You are an active and good community citizen
- Cash funding is provided for spending at your discretion (must be training/competition related)
- Exposure through media opportunities and events
- Development of personal brand with increased following through VenuesWest social media channels and website
- Opportunities to attend major events with other WA sporting figures
- Growth of public speaking skills through participation at VenuesWest events, corporate suites, and programs
- Ability for brand cross-promotion through mutually beneficial alignments e.g. VenuesWest Community Partners
- Networking opportunities at VenuesWest events e.g. VenuesWest Stakeholder Breakfast
- Ability to inspire the next generation of sportspeople and give back to grassroots sports
- Submit a brief quarterly report on how VenuesWest funds have assisted during that time
- Attend launch event and obligate to related requirements - including photography, meet and greet, speaking role, and other media opportunities where appropriate
- Speak at 1 x VenuesWest staff function per year
- Host or participate in 2 guest sessions of a VenuesWest run program or service - e.g. Kids Sports Club guest coaching session
- 1 Co-hosting of a corporate suite at a VenuesWest venue (subject to availability)
- Complete social media takeover - on PerthSportsLife or relevant channels
- Sign an ambassador agreement stating that they agree to conduct themselves in a professional manner that could not be damaging to the VenuesWest brand
- Provide written and/or verbal testimonials on VenuesWest facilities for use in publications, website and social media
- Provide photographs and video footage for use throughout this agreement and related requirements
- Feature in a High Performance Sport video campaign - this involves a video shoot and/or inclusion of suitable existing footage
- Answer 2 written Q and A (10 questions) for use within VenuesWest Stakeholder Newsletter or relevant channels