Employment Frequently Asked Question's

Your employment questions answered

  • What do I need to be eligible for employment with VenuesWest
    Toggle FAQ
    You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident to be eligible for permanent positions. Fixed-term and casual positions may be offered to candidates with a current working visa which covers the length of the appointment on offer.
  • What should I include in my application?
    Toggle FAQ

    Each vacancy will have specific application processes which may involve one or all of the following;

    • Job specific questions
    • Submitting a resume and cover letter
    • Addressing key capabilities for the role

    Candidates should follow the instructions to ensure they submit the necessary information for the panel to assess their application.

  • Where can I get more information about a vacancy?
    Toggle FAQ

    For all general recruitment enquiries please contact the HR team on (08) 9441 8362 or email  PeopleandCulture@venueswest.wa.gov.au. For permanent and fixed-term vacancies a contact for job specific information will be detailed in the advertisement. NOTE do not use this email to send job applications or resumes, applications will only be accepted via the JobsWA website.

  • Do I need a National Police Clearance?
    Toggle FAQ
    This depends on the role you are applying for and will be detailed in the vacancy advertisement and specific Job Description Form if required.
  • Who should I nominate as me referees?
    Toggle FAQ
    VenuesWest conducts thorough reference checks in relation to the job requirements for each vacancy. We require references from your current employer and previous employer. Your referees must be in a position to provide information on your skills and experience relevant to the job for which you have applied. Personal references are not required.
  • Can I submit a late application if I miss the closing deadline date and time?
    Toggle FAQ
    No, unfortunately late applications are not accepted.
  • What format should I submit my application form in?
    Toggle FAQ
    Candidates should submit their application documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format to ensure they are compatible with the recruitment system.
  • What does casual recruitment pool mean?
    Toggle FAQ
    Casual recruitment pools are used to employ casuals. These advertisements are not for specific positions. Please lodge your application and if you have the required skills and experience a hiring manager will contact you directly. This is adhoc work and the pool is renewed every three months so you will need to submit your application again for the new pool to be considered.
  • Do I need a Working With Children Check?
    Toggle FAQ
    A Working with Children Check is mandatory for certain positions that involve child-related work. Candidates for these positions must have a current Working with Children Check or be eligible to successfully apply for a Working with Children Check in order to be eligible for employment.