Discover pathways to kickstart your career at VenuesWest
Swim School Instructor
Teaching swim lessons can be a very rewarding job, with flexible hours to suit those studying or working towards a tertiary qualification.
How do I become an instructor?
To become a swimming instructor the following three accreditations and checks are required:
- An accredited water safety qualification - Courses are available through AustSwim and Royal Life Saving WA
- Working with Children Check (WWC)
- CPR certification - A current CPR certification will be required to receive your water safety qualification
As an AUSTSWIM recognised Gold Swim School VenuesWest can assist you in your journey to complete your supervised training hours.
This qualification could be your entry into an exciting career in the aquatic recreation industry, or provide a great opportunity to support yourself during your study for a tertiary qualification.
How do I become a Lifeguard?
To become a lifeguard the following accreditations and checks are required:
- A current Pool Lifeguard Certificate - Courses are available through Royal Life Saving WA.
- First Aid and CPR certification
If you have completed your Pool Lifeguard qualification as part of your initial training, but still need to complete supervised training hours VenuesWest can assist by facilitating this.