Temporary Conditions of Entry
VenuesWest is committed to providing a safe, healthy and enjoyable environment for all patrons and staff.
In support of this, entry into a VenuesWest venue is subject to specific conditions. As part of a staged response in returning to normal business operations, additional conditions must be applied to ensure we:
- remain COVID Safe
- deliver programs, activities and services which comply with current Government restrictions
This policy applies to any person entering a VenuesWest self-managed venue.
Conditions of Entry:
- may vary according to the types of programs, activities, and services
- are subject to the requirements of VenuesWest Management and Government direction
- must be read in conjunction with the conditions of sale appearing on the terms and conditions of your membership or booking.
The Standard Conditions of Entry will remain in force and be applied in conjunction with the following current government restrictions. Importantly, please note the following:
Rights of Management
VenuesWest will refuse entry to any person:
- if the maximum number of people in the venue and/or facilities within has been reached
- wishing to access an aspect of the venue or its services which are not currently operational
- unauthorised to access the venue
- deemed to be intoxicated, disorderly or engaging in anti-social behaviour
- subject to current banning notices
Access will be managed via screening and checks which may include electronic equipment scanning and/or personal body checks and any other checks deemed reasonable.
Any person found to be in breach of COVID Safe operations may be refused entry, future booking or removed from the Venue.
It is a condition of entry that all patrons consent to having their bags, clothing or other items checked on entry or within the Venue anytime.
Any person who fails to comply with screening requests may be refused entry or removed from the Venue.
Prohibited Conduct / Patron Removal
A person may be removed from the Venue where they:
- are found to be in breach of COVID Safe operational requirements
- enter an area of the Venue without proper authorisation
- fail to comply with a lawful request from Staff or authorised personnel
- use foul or abusive language or making racial, discriminatory, or threatening remarks or gestures
- are under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs and/or engage in disorderly, offensive, anti-social, disruptive or unlawful behaviour
- commit any act of vandalism or littering or damage property
No refunds will be paid to persons removed from the Venue. Persons may be referred to police as deemed appropriate by Management. Further information may be obtained by accessing the Patron Refusal of Entry, Removal and Banning Policy Statement
To enhance security, protect the safety of persons and ensure compliance with these conditions, surveillance equipment (including security cameras via CCTV) are in operation within and in surrounding areas of the venue.
By entering the venue, persons give consent to their information (including images) being recorded and disclosed to third parties including law enforcement agencies and governing organisations holding events.
All personal information is managed in accordance with the Privacy Act WA 1996. Further information may be obtained by accessing the Public Safety and Security Policy Statement
Risk and Liability
Persons enter the Venue at their own risk.
Each person assumes all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Venue.
Each person brings personal effects into the Venue at their own risk and neither VenuesWest nor the Hirer will be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of personal property.
By entering a venue, you are agreeing to comply and cooperate with the Conditions of Entry.
Failure to comply with directions may be considered an offence under the Emergency Management Act 2005.
Offences may be punishable by imprisonment for up to 12 months or a fine of up to $50,000 for individuals and $250,000 for bodies corporate.
Personal information will not be passed onto any third party unless prior approval is obtained from the individual or unless legally required to do so.
Information is collected in accordance with the principles of the Freedom of Information Act 1992 (WA) and the Privacy Act WA 1996.Further information may be obtained by accessing the VenuesWest Privacy Statement
Complaints relating to a breach of an Information Privacy Security Principle will be investigated internally by the most appropriate person depending upon the nature of the inquiry.
Complaints which do not indicate a breach of privacy will be managed in accordance with the VenuesWest Customer Service and Feedback Policy
The following Conditions of Entry have not been amended in response to COVID Safe requirements and still apply:
As a minimum for general public areas, patrons must be appropriately clothed with clothing suitable to the activity in which they are participating,
Patrons wearing or displaying inappropriate or unauthorised commercial, political, religious images/logos etc. that are offensive may be denied entry or asked to remove such items.
Wearing of ‘colours’ or ‘insignia’ signifying belonging to any Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs or other groups as designated by Police is prohibited.
Patrons attempting to conceal their identity with a scarf, balaclava, mask or other item unless for a religious or medical or other justifiable reason may be refused entry, undergo a security check and / or be removed from the facility.
The following items are prohibited from entering the venue unless specifically authorised by Venue Management:
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcohol and drugs
- Cans / glass
- Musical instruments / whistles
- Unauthorised temporary signage and promotional products
- Flags / banners over 1 metre
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights / Pyrotechnics
- Rollerblades / skateboards / scooters / helmets
- Professional cameras, audio recording equipment or video cameras
- Animals except for authorised assistance animals
- Any large items that cannot be placed under a seat
- Any other item that in the opinion of VenuesWest could cause damage, harm or public nuisance
Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of the Hirer and Venue Management.
The Venue is licensed and as such the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue
- Alcohol, if served, must only be consumed in the designated areas.
- Alcohol must not be consumed in designated ‘Alcohol Free’ areas
- It is an offence for Minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
Breaches of these conditions may result in the persons being reported to the Police and removal from the Venue. (Penalties apply under the Liquor Licensing Act 1988)
Food and Non-alcoholic Drinks
Deliveries and product from external caterers and commercial outlets are generally not permitted in the Venue.
Decisions about whether such products will be permitted are at the discretion of the Hirer and Venue Management.
Patrons may bring homemade food items to the venue provided it is packed appropriately and can be viewed by Staff or Security Personnel if requested.
This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
Thermoses containing tea and coffee may be allowed but may be checked for liquor licensing purposes.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Venue, except in designated smoking areas.
This includes electronic cigarettes, personal vaporisers, electronic nicotine delivery systems or other battery powered vaporisers.
Tickets must be retained at all times.
Any tickets that have been damaged, defaced or purchased from an unauthorised agent will not permit the holder to be admitted into the Venue.
Patrons are only authorised to access the seats / areas of the Venue for which they have been ticketed.
Where the ticket is for general admission, no representation is made that there is seating available within the Venue.
Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket must be able to provide valid proof for the concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry or when requested.
Persons under the age of 12 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an adult parent or guardian at all times, unless enrolled in a VenuesWest program.
Within an aquatic area, parents/guardians of children 5 years of age and under, must remain poolside and be within arm’s reach at all times to provide immediate assistance as and when required.
Use of Image
By entering the Venue, patrons give consent to their image, likeness or voice being captured and used as part of any recording of an event or any other purpose without compensation or any kind.
Photographic, Video & Audio Equipment
The use of photographic, video or audio equipment (including mobile phones with camera interfacing) is not permitted:
- For commercial purposes without prior authorisation from the Hirer or Venue Management
- In the following specified public areas of the Venue:
- Change Rooms
- Toilets / Showers / Saunas
- Aquatic facilities
Conditions of entry may vary between the types of programs and events subject to the requirements of VenuesWest Management. Please refer to the specific program or event page on our website for further information.