VenuesWest is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all patrons and staff.
Entry into a VenuesWest Venue is subject to the Conditions of Entry detailed below.
These conditions should be read in conjunction with the conditions of sale appearing on each event ticket or terms and conditions of the membership/booking.
PLEASE NOTE: Conditions of entry may vary between the types of programs and events subject to the requirements of VenuesWest Management. Please refer to the specific program or event page on our website for further information.
Rights of Management
VenuesWest Management reserves the right to:
Inspect any bags, clothing or other items at entry point or within the Venue at any time
Refuse entry of prohibited items or items which may cause injury or public nuisance
Refuse entry to any:
- unauthorised person
- person deemed to be intoxicated, disorderly or engaging in anti-social behaviour
- person who is subject to current banning notices
- person who purchases an event ticket from an unauthorised ticketing agent or source
Remove from the premises any person who in the reasonable opinion of management is likely to disrupt, or cause a nuisance to, the operations of the Venue
Modify the conditions of entry as required by the event promoter or event requirements
It is a condition of entry that all patrons consent to having their bags, clothing or other items checked on entry or within the Venue anytime.
Any patron found to be in possession of an illegal prohibited item will be reported to Police.
Any patron who fails to comply with the screening may be refused entry or removed from the Venue.
Patron access will be managed via screening and checks which may include electronic equipment scanning and/or personal body checks and any other checks deemed reasonable.
As a minimum for general public areas, patrons must be appropriately clothed with clothing suitable to the activity in which they are participating,
Patrons wearing or displaying inappropriate or unauthorised commercial, political, religious images/logos etc. that are offensive may be denied entry or asked to remove such items.
Wearing of ‘colours’ or ‘insignia’ signifying belonging to any Outlaw Motorcycle Clubs or other groups as designated by Police is prohibited.
Patrons attempting to conceal their identity with a scarf, balaclava, mask or other item unless for a religious or medical or other justifiable reason may be refused entry, undergo a security check and / or be removed from the facility.
Prohibited Conduct / Patron Removal
A person may be removed from the Venue where they:
- Are under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs and/or engage in disorderly, offensive, anti-social, disruptive, unlawful or inappropriate behaviour
- Use foul or abusive language or making racial, discriminatory or threatening remarks or gestures
- Commit any act of vandalism or littering or damage property
- Enter an area of the Venue without proper authorisation
- Fail to comply with a lawful request from Staff or other authorised personnel
- Place any unauthorised poster, banner or other advertising or political material on any part of the stadium
- Conduct unauthorised surveys or soliciting from members of the public
- Undertake unauthorised promotional or commercial activities in or outside of the Venue
- Make any unlawful recording of the event or other patrons
- Fail or refuse to submit to a lawful search or inspection at entry points to or within the Venue upon request.
No ticket refund will be paid to patrons removed from the Venue.
Persons may be referred to police as deemed appropriate by Management.
Further information in relation may be obtained by accessing the Patron Refusal of Entry, Removal and Banning Policy Statement at www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
The following items are prohibited from entering the venue unless specifically authorised by Venue Management:
- Weapons of any kind
- Alcohol and drugs
- Cans / glass
- Musical instruments / whistles
- Unauthorised temporary signage and promotional products
- Flags / banners over 1 metre
- Fireworks / flares / laser lights / Pyrotechnics
- Rollerblades / skateboards / scooters / helmets
- Professional cameras, audio recording equipment or video cameras
- Animals except for authorised assistance animals
- Any large items that cannot be placed under a seat
- Any other item that in the opinion of VenuesWest could cause damage, harm or public nuisance
Pass-outs may be issued at the discretion of the Hirer and Venue Management.
The Venue is licensed and as such the following provisions apply:
- Alcoholic beverages must not be taken into or out of the Venue
- Alcohol, if served, must only be consumed in the designated areas.
- Alcohol must not be consumed in designated ‘Alcohol Free’ areas
- It is an offence for Minors to purchase or consume alcohol, or for a person to supply alcohol to a Minor.
Breaches of these conditions may result in the persons being reported to the Police and removal from the Venue. (Penalties apply under the Liquor Licensing Act 1988)
Food and Non-alcoholic Drinks
Deliveries and product from external caterers and commercial outlets are generally not permitted in the Venue.
Decisions about whether such products will be permitted are at the discretion of the Hirer and Venue Management.
Patrons may bring homemade food items to the venue provided it is packed appropriately and can be viewed by Staff or Security Personnel if requested.
This does not apply to food or beverages for patrons with special dietary requirements, provided that such food or beverages are not packaged in prohibited containers.
Thermoses containing tea and coffee may be allowed but may be checked for liquor licensing purposes.
Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Venue, except in designated smoking areas.
This includes electronic cigarettes, personal vaporisers, electronic nicotine delivery systems or other battery powered vaporisers.
Tickets must be retained at all times.
Any tickets that have been damaged, defaced or purchased from an unauthorised agent will not permit the holder to be admitted into the Venue.
Patrons are only authorised to access the seats / areas of the Venue for which they have been ticketed.
Where the ticket is for general admission, no representation is made that there is seating available within the Venue.
Patrons who have purchased a concessional ticket must be able to provide valid proof for the concession (i.e. proof of age identification or concession card) upon entry or when requested.
Persons under the age of 12 years of age must be under the direct supervision of an adult parent or guardian at all times, unless enrolled in a VenuesWest program.
Within an aquatic area, parents/guardians of children 5 years of age and under, must remain poolside and be within arm’s reach at all times to provide immediate assistance as and when required.
Use of Image
By entering the Venue, patrons give consent to their image, likeness or voice being captured and used as part of any recording of an event or any other purpose without compensation or any kind.
In order to enhance security, protect the safety of persons and ensure compliance with conditions of use, surveillance equipment (including security cameras via CCTV) are in operation within and in surrounding areas of the Venue.
By entering the Venue, patrons give consent to their information (including images) being recorded and disclosed to third parties including law enforcement agencies and governing organisations holding events.
All personal information is managed in accordance with the Privacy Act WA 1996. Refer to the Privacy Statement at venueswest.wa.gov.au
Further information in relation may be obtained by accessing the Public Safety and Security Policy Statement at www.venueswest.wa.gov.au
Risk and Liability
Patrons enter the Venue at their own risk.
Each patron assumes all risk of any damage or loss (including property damage, personal injury, economic and consequential loss) however it arises at the Venue.
Each patron brings personal effects into the Venue at their own risk and neither VenuesWest nor the Hirer will be responsible for any damage to or loss or theft of a patron’s personal property.
Photographic, Video & Audio Equipment
The use of photographic, video or audio equipment (including mobile phones with camera interfacing) is not permitted:
- For commercial purposes without prior authorisation from the Hirer or Venue Management
- In the following specified public areas of the Venue:
- Change Rooms
- Toilets / Showers / Saunas
- Aquatic facilities
Conditions of entry may vary between the types of programs and events subject to the requirements of VenuesWest Management. Please refer to the specific program or event page on our website for further information.