|Monday - Thursday (closed Friday)||3.00pm - 7.30pm|
|Saturday - Sunday||8.00am - 12.00pm|
Opening hours vary due to training and competition. On public holidays the venue will usually be closed. For the latest information please check the WA Athletics Stadium Facebook page.
Stephenson Ave Mt Claremont WA 6010Get directions
There are a number of bus stops within short walking distance from WA Athletics Stadium. Buses depart from Claremont train station.
193 car bays are available at the venue.
Casual training sessions
Casual training sessions on the track are available for groups of 1 to 15 athletes during open hours. Athletes may access the stadium at other times by booking a training session seven days in advance.
|Description||Adult||Senior & Student Concession|
|10 visit pass||$60.00||$27.00|
|Session fees are payable to the venue coordinator, located on the ground floor of the stadium.|
Booked training sessions
- Booked training sessions are available at an hourly track rate for groups of 1 - 50 athletes.
- For bookings of more than 50 people please contact us to discuss your requirements.
- Booked training sessions are available between 6.00am - 9.00pm from Monday to Sunday (excluding public holidays), provided the stadium is not booked exclusively for an event.
- Training sessions may be cancelled to accommodate state, national or international events. Cancellations will be advised promptly.
- Booked and casual training sessions do not grant exclusive use of the venue facilities. Exclusive use must be booked and fees and conditions apply.
- Field athletes must be accompanied by a registered WAIS or AWA coach.
- Please note that the WA Athletics Stadium will be closed on all Australian and Western Australian Public Holidays
Use of spikes
To maximise performance and prevent damage to the mondo surface, athletes must not use sharp spikes that will penetrate the surface. The mondo track is designed that when blunt spikes depress the surface the rebound effect will propel the athlete forward, maximising performance. The only spikes permitted for use on the track are of the Christmas Tree and Pyramid shape variety. The composition of the spike, i.e. ceramic or metal, is irrelevant and will not be monitored.
For all training and competition the spikes must conform to the below rules;
- Track spikes must not exceed 7mm
- Field spikes must not exceed 9mm except for javelin and high jump which must not exceed 12mm