What could be more exciting than a career in sport, entertainment and recreation?
With a wide variety of jobs and career pathways available, the sport, entertainment & recreation sector can be a fun, challenging and fulfilling environment to work and progress your career.
Swim School Instructor
Teaching swim lessons can be a very rewarding job, with flexible hours to suit those studying or working towards a tertiary qualification.
How do I become an instructor?
To become a swimming instructor the following three accreditations and checks are required:
1. An accredited water safety qualification - Courses are available through AustSwim and Royal Life Saving WA.
2. Working with Children Check (WWC)
3. CPR certification - A current CPR certification will be required to receive your water safety qualification.
As an AUSTSWIM recognised Gold Swim School VenuesWest can assist you in your journey to complete your supervised training hours.
If you're interested in becoming a Swim Instructor complete the below form or call us on 9441 8227 for more information.Enquire now
This qualification could be your entry into an exciting career in the aquatic recreation industry or provide a great opportunity to support yourself during your study for a tertiary qualification.
How do I become a Lifeguard?
To become a lifeguard the following accreditations and checks are required:
1. A current Pool Lifeguard Certificate - Courses are available through Royal Life Saving WA.
2. First Aid and CPR certification
If you have completed your Pool Lifeguard qualification as part of your initial training, but still need to complete a number of supervised training hours VenuesWest can assist you in completing your supervised training hours.
Complete the below form or call us on 9441 8287 for more information.Enquire now
Health & Fitness Sector
The working environment of the health & fitness sector is exciting and rewarding. If you love working with people and enjoy keeping fit and active while you work, then a career in fitness is for you.
The following courses support advancement in the fitness industry:
• Certificate III and IV in Fitness
• Bachelor of Science Exercise, Sport and Rehabilitation Science
• Bachelor of Science Exercise and Sports Science
If you have completed your qualification but looking for further experience, VenuesWest accepts Expressions of Interest to the health & fitness casual pool to place suitable applicants.
See Jobs WA for more information on starting your career in health & fitness.Enquire now