VenuesWest owns and manages Western Australia’s best sport and entertainment venues on behalf of the State Government. Our portfolio currently consists of 13 venues including RAC Arena and Optus Stadium.
Vision and Purpose
“We deliver world class sport and entertainment experiences.”
VenuesWest directly supports high performance sport through the optimisation of our venues. We strive to provide venues with world class competition standards for our targeted sports and provide subsidies to sporting bodies for the use of these facilities. We champion dreams by facilitating pathways for athletes to excel in their chosen sport. Our venues are effectively managed to ensure we deliver world class sporting and entertainment experiences to the people of Western Australia.
- Deliver outstanding customer experiences
- Ensure our portfolio of sport and entertainment venues is fit for purpose
- Engage a workforce that is aligned, highly capable and adaptable
- Realise commercial success to subsidise high performance sport and enable reinvestment into our venues
- Secure world class events
VenuesWest Strategic Plan 2016-21 summaryFile size: 868kb
VenuesWest Strategic Plan 2016 - 21File size: 4mb
The VenuesWest Way
The VenuesWest Way guides the way we work and our behaviours. Board members and staff are committed to these principles.
- We champion dreams
- We deliver safely
- Together we win
- We act like owners
- We celebrate success – big and small
Venue Management Models
VenuesWest uses four management models across its portfolio of state-owned venues. Each model aims to deliver VenuesWest’s vision in the most effective and efficient way.
- VenuesWest Managed this model is suitable where VenuesWest has the knowledge, experience and capacity to manage venue operations and directly support high performance sport. This model regularly partners with the private sector to deliver services.
- Partner Managed this model is suitable for use in venues hosting a variety of different events involving multiple hirers. VenuesWest engages an external party through an open tender process to manage the venue operations.
- Co-managed this model is suitable for use in venues where there is a primary tenant responsible for the majority of usage. This model provides the tenant with priority of use.
- Lease Agreement this model is suitable for use in single purpose venues with a sole tenant. A lease is provided to the tenant in line with the objectives for that venue.