Two of Western Australia’s major sports venues will be renamed under a new sponsorship agreement with health insurer HBF.
- New naming rights agreement signed with HBF
- Challenge Stadium to be renamed HBF Stadium and Arena Joondalup becomes HBF Arena
- Names become official from July 1, 2014
HBF will become the official naming rights sponsor of Challenge Stadium and Arena Joondalup. From July 1 this year, the venues will be rebranded as HBF Stadium and HBF Arena.
Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron said this collaboration would see the HBF brand paired with two of the State’s most visited venues to promote their joint commitment to sport and health.
In 2012-13, more than 1.8 million people walked through the doors of the two venues.
Under the agreement, HBF members will receive discounted entry to facilities at both venues. The company will organise activities at the venues to encourage HBF members and others to be more physically active.
“It is hoped that this collaboration between VenuesWest and HBF will encourage more West Australians to rediscover WA’s most iconic sport and recreational venues,” Mr Waldron said.
Revenue generated from the use of these venues is used to support high-performance sport, local community groups and enhance VenuesWest’s facilities.
“I would like to welcome HBF and thank them for their ongoing support towards sport and health in this State,” the Minister said.
- The agreement is for three years, with an option for a further two years
- Logo placement at the venues, updated marketing materials, activating the benefits and officially renaming of the venue takes effect from July 1, 2014
- More information at http://www.venueswest.wa.gov.au/
Media contact: Amanda Carrie - 6552 6200 or 0437 554 315