Fans attending the first three games back at Optus Stadium will be able to enjoy great value beers, pies and chips in a welcome back to fans special gesture.
Optus Stadium, Gage Roads Brewing Co and Mrs Mac’s have come together to offer the Fans Special for the Collingwood v Geelong game tomorrow, the Western Derby on Sunday and the Eagles v Collingwood game the following week.
All Gage Roads beers on tap will be just $6.50, hot chips $3 and Mrs Mac’s pies, pasties and sausage rolls $3.
Optus Stadium CEO Mike McKenna said the three-game special was designed to welcome fans back to football for the first games with crowds at Optus Stadium since last year’s Eagles v Essendon Elimination Final.
“We’ve missed our fans, we know the fans have missed the AFL and this was a special that Gage Roads, Mrs Mac’s and ourselves put together to welcome fans back to the best AFL venue in Australia,” Mr McKenna said.
“AFL is not the same without fans, and for fans it’s not the same watching a game without a cold beer, hot Mrs Mac’s pie and hot chips in your hand. So, grab tickets for yourself and your friends and come along and watch two of the best teams in the AFL and don’t forget, Optus Stadium is now a contactless payments venue.
“Many of Optus Stadium’s suppliers source raw ingredients from regional WA, so whether it is meat from Dardanup for Mrs Mac’s pies or barley for brewing Gage Roads beer, consumption by fans in the Stadium will put money back into regional areas of the State.”
Fans will also be able to try the new Gage Roads Pipe Dreams coastal lager, which is exclusive to Optus Stadium in July, before hitting the hotels and bottle shops around the state.
Tickets for the historic Geelong v Collingwood game at Optus Stadium tomorrow are selling fast, with the few remaining tickets available at www.ticketmaster.com.au.
Tickets have been specially priced with a family of four able to see all of the action for just $60 and junior tickets available from just $15.
- Do NOT attend the Stadium if you are sick.
- Download and activate the COVIDSafe App.
- You must have a pre-purchased ticket.
- All tickets will be mobile based.
- Plan to arrive earlier than normal. Do NOT arrive at the last minute – help minimize gate queues.
- Try not to bring a bag – if you need to, keep it as small as possible to limit the time spent waiting in the security line.
- Keep your distance from other fans where possible.
- Remember your card – the Stadium is now 100% contactless payment.
- Wash and sanitise your hands regularly.
- Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze.
- Report anti-social behaviour via the patron text service.
- NO physical contact or interaction with the players – high fives, autographs, photos etc.