Now, more than ever, we need your help in providing a safe and healthy venue.
Please do not attend our venues if you;
- Are unwell with a cough, fever or other respiratory symptom
- Have returned from international travel
- Have been in close contact with someone confirmed to have COVID-19
Our highest priority has always been, and will always be, the safety of our staff and all visitors to our venues.
As you are aware, the Prime Minister recently announced a ban on indoor gatherings of more than 100 people. Taking this into consideration, we have recently cancelled several programs at HBF Arena and HBF Stadium. These include Swim school, Kids Activities and Sporting Competitions.
These programs will remain closed until the wider Coronavirus situation changes.
We are closely monitoring advice from the WA Department of Health and relevant government authorities and as such the gym, pools and creche remain open at HBF Arena and HBF Stadium.
HBF Park is closed except for A-League matches, with no crowds permitted.
WA Athletics Stadium, SpeedDome, Champion Lakes Regatta Centre, Perth Motorplex are open, with numbers for all bookings limited in line with government directives.
Bendat Basketball Centre and Gold Netball Centre have cancelled all events including domestic competitions.
Signage installed at key locations across all venues reminds patrons of the importance of hand washing and obligations in regard to testing and self-quarantine.
While our cleaning regime has always been to the highest standard, we have recently added additional measures;
- High contact points such as basins, benches, dispensers, hand dryers, door handles, gates and push buttons are sanitised every time cleaning staff visit or pass through the area.
- All our change rooms are checked often to ensure a steady supply of soap – with good hand hygiene being the simplest yet most effective safety measure we can all undertake.
- Our reception desks are cleaned frequently throughout the day by VenuesWest staff and cleaning contractors.
- additional dispensers for antibacterial wipes installed in gym areas.
Our cafes are also taking additional measures;
- We are in the final stages of achieving HACCP certification for HBF Arena, HBF Stadium and Bendat Basketball Centre cafes.
- We have taken an even more stringent approach to food safety and hygiene including the use of gloves, hats and aprons
- Increased cleaning of all equipment and surfaces in kitchen and customers areas.
- Strongly encouraging cashless transactions to minimise interaction.
If you would like further information on Coronavirus please call the Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080.