VenuesWest Chairman Graham Partridge OAM has revealed a new modern look as part of HBF Stadium’s ‘New Vision’ project.
Built in 1986, the entrance to HBF Stadium had not changed in over 25 years. The ‘New Vision’ project was initiated to revitalise the façade and provide public space for the community as well as delivering new opportunities in terms of functions and events.
“We are thrilled to reveal the new look for this much loved venue. As one of Perth’s most well-known sporting and entertainment venues, HBF Stadium deserves this” Mr Partridge said.
“The space provides landscaped grounds for all patrons to enjoy as well as creating new opportunities for commercial use, which in turn allows us to reinvest back into our venues.”
The majority of plants are native or drought resistant exotics with garden beds drip irrigated for increased water efficiency. The stones and rammed earth featured in the walls have also been sourced locally.
When completed, the refreshed entrance and façade will include;
- Remodeling of the entrance and façade of HBF Stadium, including new canopy over the front doors
- Landscaped grounds for commercial clients and the community
- Creation of an outdoor space connecting to an internal function suite for community and commercial use
- Refurbished VIP entry for concerts and events
- Reconfiguration of areas within the carpark for more effective traffic flow
- Drop off zone for improved customer safety
- A new home for the water fountain sculpture that was positioned in front of the old venue entrance within the new landscaped grounds.
The ‘New Vision’ project is the biggest of several beautification works that have taken place at HBF Stadium recently. Others include internal painting throughout the venue, new floor coverings and major upgrades to rest room facilities.
The Health and Fitness Centre has also benefited, with all new state-of-the-art Precor pin loaded and cardiovascular equipment.
VenuesWest is Western Australia’s provider of premier sports, recreation and entertainment venues and its portfolio includes the new and world class Perth Arena and the redeveloped nib Stadium. The new Perth Stadium will also join the VenuesWest portfolio when completed in 2018.
These are in addition to HBF Stadium, HBF Arena, WA Athletics Stadium, WA Basketball Centre, Midvale SpeedDome, Perth Motorplex, Champion Lakes Regatta Centre and the WA Rugby Centre, with the State Netball Centre and the Western Australian Institute of Sports High Performance Service Centre recently completed.